Advantages of an /e/ account
- having a new brand email address @e.email
having a single identity to access all /e/ services :
- /e/ Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- /e/ Drive : photos, videos, documents…
- /e/ Calendar
- /e/ Contacts
- /e/ Notes
- /e/ Tasks
- in your /e/ smartphone and online at : https://ecloud.global
How to get your free /e/ account ?
- Go to https://e.foundation/e-mail-invite/ you should see a screen like this
- And follow the below steps :
- enter your current email address
- wait for an invitation in your mailbox ! Usually it takes < 2 minutes. Check your SPAM box !
- After you clicked the link in the invitation email you can proceed to the actual account creation :
Creating your own /e/ account @e.email
- Fill the fields correctly! This example will create an /e/ identity as John Doe email@example.com
- Your username may contain Latin letters (a-z), digits (0-9) and special characters (- . _)
- Your username must be at least 3 characters long and at most 30 characters long
- Your username must not contain special characters in succession
- Your username must not start or end with special characters
- Please note that your username will be automatically converted to lowercase during account creation (i.e. “John.Doe@e.email” becomes “firstname.lastname@example.org”)
Using an /e/ account @e.email
- Now that your /e/ account is created, you can use it in your /e/ smartphone
- In the first time usage wizard just after /e/ OS installation
- You can add account by going to..
Settings >> Accounts >> Add account >> /e/
- On the web at https://ecloud.global to retrieve all the pictures, videos you took with your /e/ smartphone
- To access on the ecloud all you emails and check your calendar
Having trouble creating an /e/ account @e.email?
- If you never received the invitation on your current email, check your email client SPAM folders
- If you cannot login in your /e/ smartphone or at https://ecloud.global try to reset your password with the reset link available at https://ecloud.global
- Make sure that you use your email@example.com as email for the reset process, NOT your recovery email.
- If that does not work for you contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I delete my /e/ account @e.email?
- Log in to your ecloud account using the ID you want to delete
- Take a backup of your data and emails (if required) before proceeding
- Click on your profile image
- This will open up a menu
- Click on Settings
- This will display the Setting options as shown in the screenshot below
- Click on “Delete Account”
- This will open up a screen with the text “Check this to confirm the deletion request”
- Select the check box
- Click “Delete my Account” button
- The operation could take up to a minute. Please wait
This action will remove your /e/ ID and ecloud account, data stored on the ecloud if any and all emails.
- You will be logged out of ecloud.global
- The /e/ account deletion is complete
In case of any issues please send in the details to email@example.com
Some more tips on your /e/ account @e.email
Your /e/ identity at ecloud.global is not (yet) compatible with our various websites and forums.
- This means that you will have to create specific login/password at community.e.foundation, gitlab.e.foundation, and e.foundation (shop)
- Do not try to login in your /e/ smartphone with your community or gitlab identity. It will not work.
Your /e/ identity is under this form : firstname.lastname@example.org
This is your email address too. Yes. « .email » is a valid extension on internet, like .com, .org, .xyz and thousands others.
- And forget email@example.com we don’t own the email.org domain.
Want to manually configure your mail client for /e/?
Most mail clients should be able to configure your /e/ ID automatically, once you input your /e/ username and password. In case that is not possible, please use these settings to manually configure:
SMTP/IMAP server: mail.ecloud.global
SMTP/IMAP username: your /e/ email address in full (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
SMTP/IMAP password: your /e/ email password
SMTP port: 587, plain password, STARTTLS, requires authentication
IMAP port: 993, SSL/TLS, requires authentication
Your free account will be limited to 1GB online storage.
We now have some premium storage plans available. You can also upgrade it to 20GB while supporting the /e/ project by becoming an /e/ Early Adopter.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that /e/ Free drive and mail accounts are supported by donations!
Is an /e/ account mandatory to use /e/OS ?
- An /e/ account at ecloud.global is not mandatory to use /e/OS, but is highly recommended if you want to benefit from the full /e/ experience as described in this guide.